štvrtok 30. októbra 2014

The Light inside us (my story or how the story telling in marketing interested me)



The story telling

I study Media relations at the University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava. It is a useful study program and I am satisfied with my decision to study there.
Last week, we had a special guest at our Marketing class. Michal Novota is a partner and CEO at Restartup. They focus on rebuilding unsuccessful companies businesses and make their restart. Restartup says: We tell your story.
One hour with Mr. Novota had changed my view of the way the marketing promotion is done. I am a hater of annoying advertisments on TV, or visual smog in towns. My opinion was that marketers make us buy products we do not want and things like that. I've never paid attention to the possibility that there is also another way to go in marketing.
What's the different way? How can we tell people something about our products or our business without using disgusting and annoying forms of advertisment?
Mr. Novota says: "Tell them your story. And in addition - make it interesting." Wow, that sounds simple and also logical.

When someone says "a story" the first thing I imagine is a fairy tale. "The majority of people think this way," Mr. Novota says. In every fairy tale you have three main characters - hero - villain - victim. "In our, let's say 'marketing story', the hero is the company or a brand, villain is the competitor and victim is the customer or voter," says Mr Novota. At this moment of the lecture he had my full attention. It's true. When you promote your product, business or anything else through a story it will naturally keep people interested. Maybe it is because the story is funny or interesting or simply, we just want to know how it will end.
When the lecture was over we did a little practice in telling the story. Our assignment was to choose one of the pictures Mr. Novota placed on the floor and prepare to tell our own story related to the chosen picture. We had 10 minutes time for preparation. I was very excided about this opportunity and ran to grab my pic.


My story

I chose this one.


 When I went back to my seat I stared at the picture that I took. I was wondering what we have in common, what is so magical about the lit up tent, mountians and the moon. I also remebered that for the past few weeks I felt really exhausted (I was working too much).
Paper and pen were the tools I used to draw the story step by step.

The Light inside us

 
 Once upon a time there was a girl. She was very tired and sad.

It did not matter if she was alone or in the crowd, she still felt like there was a dark cloud hanging above her head. She felt alone.
Wherever she went everythig was the same. She was becoming desperate. But then something happened. She looked inside herself and saw the Light. Suddenly everything has changed.

It does not matter where you are or who you are with. You can be at the end of the world but the Light is always with you because the Light is inside you.


                                                               The end.


Žiadne komentáre:

Zverejnenie komentára

SLIDE1

About me

Flickr Images

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Facebook

top navigation

Instagram

Vyhľadávať v tomto blogu